Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

another response from homeless victim's legal guardian

This is Robert bowler, Brian i just wish to come out say some things. This is in response to some comments made by Brian and others and in light of conversations i've had with Herbert. First of all, i am not a communist and neither is my brother Gordon or any of my relatives or in-laws. I consider myself to be left of center and progressive. I am a democrat. I do not believe everything that the government says is true I just find it to be more reliable.

i also want to point out that despite what you or your viewers believe, no one has the right to live irresponsibly and poorly as my son Herbert has or as many others are right now. The government has a duty to take care of those who are too incapacitated to care for themselves. Also people with mental illness or mental disability should not be allowed to decide their course of treatment or be in control and that they should not be without getting help.

I agree and now I see that Asperger's syndrome is not a mental illness but a form of autism as Tina pointed out but they still have illnesses and disorders. Herbert has several problems including generalized anxiety, major depression, forward impulse control disorder and a childish behavior complex that is considered a mental illness.

No, we do not all have the right to do whatever we want whenever we feel like it we need to respect our communities and the good of our communities as well as individuals. No people do no have the right to reproduce. I am not for forced sterilizations except in serious cases but people like Herbert would make bad parents. He can't even take care of himself much less a baby.

I do not verbally abuse Herbert. I have spoken to different experts both in the government sector as well as the private sector.  What I do to him is not mental abuse. I admit I am hard on him sometimes and that's probably wrong given his condition but people like Herbert need to grow some shell on their skin. I do not abuse him.  The guardianship placed on herbert which was limited . Herbert I guess didn't know or forgot but there was a hearing Herbert was not present he was at school my wife and I spoke to the judge at the probate court asking them to maintain a plenary legal guardianship. 

He decided that such a guardianship was extreme and unnecesary so we had a limited one which would remain for about 3 years. It was renewed after Herbert ran away. We have a review coming up this month after Martin Luther King day on I believe the 27th or the 28th. If the review upholds his guardianship then the next step would be a hearing about one or two months from now.

Listen. I am not against Herbert living on his own outside Wisconsin but only if he is responsible enough and safe enough. I disagree that Wisconsin has a bad economy but Were not as bad as most places. I have told Herbert he can live close by but on the condition that its close enough someplace oh say Illinois Minnesota or Iowa maybe Nebraska or Indiana. But not far. I don't want him moving to a red state either. I want him where he can access programs or get help. I also told him that he needs to stay on SSI and see a psychiatrist and be on meds if neccesary.

I don't do this to be mean to Herbert. he needs help. if you knew him like I did you'd understand.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who gets to decide who is stupid and what is right to live then? Who and how will it be decided? You don't think you or any of your other children will have to live through Herbert's ordeal?

mainestategop said...

You weren't against it before. You were adamant. You're so far to left. More than Snagglepuss exiting Beijing theater.

John Bowler said...

Excuse me? Adamant about what?

mainestategop said...

Adamant that Herbert has to spend the rest of his life in Wisconsin. Who are you to tell him he can't live anywhere in the country he wants too? Why does he have to live in a snowed in communist slum. I mean Wisconsin may not be as bad as Maine but it is poor unemployment is high I even read that there are more problems with the economy again this year. And you want to force Herbert to live in that crap hole.

robert bowler said...

Wisconsin is fine. Herbert just can't keep his emotions stable during a job interview. I've seen a few of them myself.

mainestategop said...

I wonder why? If I were forced to live in a shithole like Wisconsin I'd be a bit on edge too. I've been there before. The unions completely ruined that state even Scott Walker can only do so much.

Gordon said...

No the reason the economy sucks so bad is because we keep outsourcing jobs to other countries! So now we have no good paying jobs which means consumers cannot pay for goods and services translating into an even worse economy! Still that's no excuse for people like Herbert to be unemployed. He's got issues. I saw a couple of his interviews he didn't do to well on one of them.

Anonymous said...

No, we do not all have the right to do whatever we want whenever we feel like it we need to respect our communities and the good of our communities as well as individuals. No people do no have the right to reproduce. I am not for forced sterilizations except in serious cases but people like Herbert would make bad parents. He can't even take care of himself much less a baby.

Lenin Hitler and Stalin would also agree.

the reason the economy sucks so bad is because we keep outsourcing jobs to other countries

But Herbert is without excuse? He is to blame for his unemployment? He can't leave crappy Wisconsin for greener pastures but he is still to blame for his unemployment? WOW! That's just mean!

Anonymous said...

No, we do not all have the right to do whatever we want whenever we feel like it we need to respect our communities and the good of our communities as well as individuals.

Yeah, that sounds like Hitler and Hillary all over. For the greater good of the community, your son has to be held captive in a shit state with no jobs and yet its his fault he can't get a job even though the ball is in your court.

If the government is doing such a good job of taking care of Herbert then why doesn't he have a job? And why is he being verbally abused? No you are abusing Herbert. I saw the comments on the other posts. And you are probably lying or exagerating about problems he has.

Every time in history someone's rights are negated for whatever reason society is harmed as well as the individual. This is unamerican and you sir, are no American. You Gordon and the rest of your stupid family should move to New York or to Europe. Better yet China.

Anonymous said...

Well you know what liberturds, if your so stupid you can't manage money and think that the government is your enemy because of what republicans have done and believe them, you must be too stupid to take care of yourself! we need the government to take care people like Herbert. If things really are that bad in Wisconsin (Which was under republican union busting fascist Scott Walker BTW)why not move him someplace else? Just not in a red state.

Esther said...

The reason Herbert couldn't get a job is because first and foremost Herbert has mental and social problems. Second of all there aren't very many jobs available including menial jobs. Also Herbert gave up and threw in the towel and no longer tried to find work. He instead focused more on whining to the government and to people like the owner of this right wing blog that we were abusing him and lying about him. We were willing to let him go to Chicago or to St Paul and Minneapolis to find work but he didn't want to. Now he agrees to go to St Paul this is because we showed him that there were jobs there, the economy is very good and they have good social safety nets there for Herbert.

John Bowler said...

I think Herbert should move... To an institution. Get some shock therapy then he wont be so nutty. Two days ago he argued to me that there would be no unemployment if there were no Democrats and that the real reason he was diagnosed with asperger's was because he opposed the government and that he was bulled. He hasn't changed much. I hope Minnesota can handle him better. HA! HA! HA!